Day school may be the solution to address the needs of your adolescent. Be it substance abuse, a mental health issue or an eating disorder, day school provides adolescents with the education they need to succeed in addition to the clinical support they need in order to succeed.
What is day school?
Day school is an alternate method of education for adolescents who are not able to find success in a traditional school setting. Unlike a residential treatment program, students in day school are able to return home at the end of their school day. This allows adolescents to maintain their family and community relationships while receiving ongoing support.
Where is the best day school near Malibu?
Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers offer a day school program for teens between the ages of 13 and 18. Their program is highly reviewed and his accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Their program offers many services including:
- An accredited curriculum that is transferrable to other educational institutions
- Open enrollment
- Educational support for all levels from that of remedial students to those in honors level programs
- An education plan that is tailored to the unique needs of each student to ensure every teen receives the specific instruction they need in order to be successful
- A student to staff ratio of three to one which allows for each student to receive personalized attention
- Direct access to teachers and instructors
Supplemental services include:
- Random drug testing weekly
- Individual counseling that is personalized to each student’s needs
- A continually supervised environment
- Onsite clinical staff
- Extended hours and tutoring as needed
What is the schedule at Visions Adolescent’s school?
Classes are offered Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3 pm. The curriculum includes study hall, break periods and physical education. Supplemental instruction and extended hours are available as needed.
What are the qualifications of the educational staff at the school?
All of the educators at Visions’ Day School are also certified counselors, allowing the team to provide educational support while addressing their therapeutic needs. The teaching staff works directly with the students on a daily basis and designs lesson plans for students that reflect each of their specific needs. The teaching team keeps in contact with both the student’s parents and their home school to ensure alignment in education and treatment.
While each student’s plan is individualized, there are several common goals for Visions’ Day School program:
- Providing positive, individualized and supportive education with clinical support
- Completion of general education requirements to allow students to return to a traditional, mainstream school
- Successful completion of assignments, course completion and graduation from the school program
- Preparation for college level coursework, entrance exams and standardized tests
Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers offer a number of programs for adolescents and their families. Understanding that each client is unique and has a different level of need, treatment is offered in a number of settings including:
- Residential treatment – The inpatient service has stays of 90 to 120 days and provides a safe, positive living environment while clients work to identify and address the root cause of their issues. The program provides education and therapeutic support for the teen as well as support for the family unit as a whole.
- Outpatient treatment – With two locations in the Los Angeles area, Visions’ outpatient treatment provides clinical support for adolescents and their families. Their evening sessions allow teens to play an active role in their lives while receiving treatment in a non-residential setting.
- Extended residential treatment – For some, a longer, more intensive program is best suited for addressing their individual needs. This program has minimum stays of 90 days and is an ideal solution for individuals who require alternate living arrangements. These programs aim to support the family as well as the client and aims to rebuild relationships and help families identify an address their areas of dysfunction.
- Young adult outpatient counseling – LAUNCH is a program that offers continuing outpatient support to young adults between the ages of 18 of 24. The program is intended other sober living programs and aims to help clients achieve independence while continuing to manage their issues.
For additional information on Visions’ day school and other treatment programs, please contact them today. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665.