Adolescent outpatient treatment can provide your teen with the tools they need to overcome their addiction. Despite a teen’s desire to stop their substance abuse on their own, it can be nearly impossible to overcome an addiction without professional assistance. To best equip your teen and your family to fully recover from a substance abuse issue, it is important to find the ideal treatment facility for their needs.
In southern California, Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers offer a comprehensive approach to adolescent treatment. The team at Visions understand that adolescents have unique needs due to their social, mental and emotional development. Further, Visions puts an emphasis on treating the family as well as the adolescent, allowing the family to heal, grow, and recover together.
Visions Adolescent Outpatient Treatment
Visions provides adolescent outpatient treatment in two treatment facilities in Los Angeles. These programs focus on establishing healthy lifestyles while helping the teens to establish themselves as individuals. These programs are designed for:
- Adolescents between 13 and 18 years of age
- Males and females
- Teenagers with involved parents or guardians
Goals and objectives for recovery are met through individual, group, and family counseling and therapy.
1st Step Program
Visions’ 1st Step Program has a dual purpose. For some clients, the program is the first step in beginning their treatment. For others, the 1st Step Program provides a way for teens to gradually return to their everyday lives after leaving an inpatient program. For both groups, the Visions team provides ongoing support and guidance to help adolescents and their families navigate the process. The 1st Step Program includes:
- Clinical support for 8 weeks with sessions between two and three times a week
- Individual session with a counselor or therapist
- Group sessions for rebuilding the family unit
- Drug testing
- Introduction of the twelve step program to teens with substance abuse issues
Intensive Adolescent Outpatient Treatment Program
After the 1st Step Program is the Intensive Adolescent Outpatient Treatment Program. This next step continues to heal the family unit and provides the teen with the tools they need to recover. This stage of treatment includes:
- Clinical support for one year, which is divided into three phases – The Primary Care Phase occurs during months one and two; The Continuing Care Phase occurs during months three through six; The Aftercare Planning Phase takes place during months seven through twelve
- Individual, group, and family sessions
- Family support groups to equip parents with the tools they need to successfully navigate parenting a teen with a treatment need
- Drug testing
- Implementation of twelve step programs for clients with addiction issues
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Approach
The treatment programs at Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers are built on the foundation of a Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) approach. This approach is successful with adolescents as it provides them with the tools they need to recognize and control their overwhelming emotions and self-defeating behaviors. Without controlling these behaviors, adolescents display a number of behavioral issues including:
- Suicidal thoughts and attempts
- Eating disorders
- Substance abuse
DBT focuses on:
- Tolerating feelings of distress
- Regulating emotions
- Handling stressful situations
- Improving relationships with others
The goals of these treatment methods are to create a “life worth living.”
One of the most important parts of treatment is a thorough aftercare plan. Developed by both the adolescent and their counselor, the aftercare plan outlines how a client will overcome stress, cravings, and problems after leaving treatment. The comprehensive plan encompasses the following:
- Outlining the plan for continuing care
- Identifying and planning for the client’s physical and psychiatric needs
- Outlining the client’s 12 step meeting schedule
- Family relationships, academic, and social needs
This plan helps to arrange support services for after treatment and puts clients in touch with providers.
To receive additional information on the adolescent outpatient treatment Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers provide, contact us today. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665.