Visions Day School, located in Los Angeles, provides a safe learning environment to meet the individual academic and social needs of students who are unable to function in a mainstream environment due to mental health issues, emotional traumas, or behavioral problems. The Day School creates a setting conducive to cognitive and emotional growth. Our goal is to make academic learning a positive stepping stone and contribute to the foundation of your child’s future. Visions offers a full spectrum approach to education.
Our safe environment will dramatically improve your student’s ability to navigate the challenges of a new way of living. It can and will significantly raise the level of an adolescent’s confidence and strengthen his or her sense of self. Our goal is to make academic learning a positive stepping stone and contribute to the foundation of your child’s future. Visions offers a full spectrum approach to education.
- Males & Females
- 13 to 18 years old
- WASC accredited curriculum (Western Association of Schools and Colleges)
- Transferable accredited curriculum
- Open enrollment
- Education services from remedial to honors level
- Individualized educational planning
- 3 to 1 student to staff ratio
- Direct access to teachers
- Individualized 1-on-1 instruction
- Random weekly drug testing
- Individualized counseling
- Continually supervised environment
- Masters level clinicians & certified counselors on site
Students will receive individual instruction and tutoring as needed. Extended hours beyond the regular school day are also offered. Our teen treatment school is located in Los Angeles, CA.
|9:00-10:00 AM||Study Hall||Study Hall||Study Hall||Study Hall||Study Hall|
|10:00-11:05 AM||Period I||Period I||Period I||Period I||Period I|
|11:15-12:15 PM||Period II||Period II||Period II||Period II||Period II|
|1:00-1:50 PM||Period III||Period III||Period III||Period III||Period III|
|2:00-3:00 PM||Period IV||Period IV||Physical Education||Period IV||Period IV|
Our teachers and tutors have a love for learning and a passion for teaching. As cutting edge educators, they work with students on a daily basis to achieve their academic goals, design individual lesson plans for struggling students, adapt new teaching methods and communicate regularly with parents and schools to ensure students are on track with their education. The curriculum is tailored to meet the educational needs of students who aspire to pursue higher education. Many students matriculate to four year universities and colleges both locally and nationally. Visions’ teachers have had success with supporting students in being accepted to esteemed colleges and universities.
Objectives & Goals
- Give adolescents a positive and clinically supported education
- Complete general education to reintegrate into a conventional high school environment
- Successfully complete academic curriculum and graduate from Visions Day School.
- College, SAT, ACT preparation
- Examples: SAT Preparation and Formatting Applications
- Completion of honors level work
- Credit recovery and repair
In addition to a high quality education, students receive a weekly individual counseling session. Sessions are facilitated by certified counselors and provide students the opportunity to discuss their progress, challenges and struggles.