Addiction in children is becoming rampant these days. Teens have unique developmental issues that prevent many from handling obstacles, even simple ones. Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers have been administering teen addiction treatment since 2002. Most patients come from southern California while others come from big cities like NYC, Chicago as well as internationally.
Peer pressure, social media and crime along with other factors can push an adolescent to the edge resulting in harmful coping skills. Some turn to alcohol, some to drugs on the streets or in the medicine cabinet at home. Symptoms are not the same for all but some common ones can be observed.
Physical Appearance – No longer caring about a neat appearance in public.
Socialization – A social child suddenly becomes withdrawn from group events.
Relationships – Old friends are dropped for new ones who are the wrong influence.
School or Work – School or work are frequently missed and dramatic drop in performance.
Mood Swings – Exhilarating highs and depressing lows happen too often.
Visions centers were founded on the principle that the family should be a part of the teen addiction treatment. The original center founders have stayed on while new team members have been added for the program growth. Visions has several types of programs to fit the needs of troubled teens ranging from age 13 to 18 years old.
Adolescent Residential Treatment
In the hills of Malibu lies Visions Residential Center providing a more in-depth teen addiction treatment. A 25 acre gated community with a home-like setting creates a feel of comfort and healing. Male and female quarters are supervised by a day and night staff. Crisis intervention is available on a 24-hour basis. Patients stay between 45 to 90 Days.
A Medical Doctor conducts a history and physical to determine admission into the teen addiction treatment. The Psychiatric Director then performs a psychiatric evaluation. Once entered into the program, a resident is assigned a personal Licensed Therapist and Counselor. All counseling services are performed by trained personnel under the supervision of the Program Director.
Other specialties called upon as needed:
- Registered Dietitian
- Equine Therapist
- Supervising Nurse
- Art Therapists
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
At Visions Residential, academics are taught with a personalized education plan along side teen addiction treatment. Each adolescent stays fit through a “tailor-made” physical fitness program lead by an Activities Consultant. Visions’ residents earn Family Passes which permit outings Sunday and Monday to help integrate them into society.
Visions Residential Treatment goal:
- Encourage and motivate the adolescent to achieve and sustain abstinence;
- Help the adolescent to develop new, more effective problem-solving strategies;
- Introduce the adolescent to the 12-step philosophy and strongly encourage participation in Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), and/or Cocaine Anonymous (CA);
- Visions Residential is a private pay program and full payment is required from the family. Our team will assist with insurance benefit verification & utilization review.
Adolescent Outpatient Counseling
Visions provides two Los Angeles Outpatient programs offering 8 weeks of teen addiction treatment, 2 to 3 nights per week with 1 individual session. Schedules are 4:00 – 9:00 pm on weekdays with Wednesdays off. The child is able to continue with daily activities before attending the counseling sessions.
1st Step Program is an introduction to the treatment process.
- 8 Weeks of Clinical Support
- 2 to 3 Nights Per Week
- 1 Individual Session
Intensive Outpatient Program includes one year of clinical support.
- Primary Care Phase
- Continuing Care Phase
- Aftercare Planning
Visions Outpatient Counseling objectives:
- Assist the adolescent in identifying situations where drugs and alcohol were used to cope with life’s problems, and in understanding that using drugs and alcohol to cope with or solve problems does not work.
- Assist the adolescent with recognizing and acknowledging the existence of destructive behaviors and mental health issues in their lives, and the impact they have on their family, friends and future.
- Help the adolescent recognize and change problematic attitudes and behaviors which stimulate a relapse.
- Support the adolescent to use the 12-step philosophy and encourage participation in Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), and/or Cocaine Anonymous (CA).
Visions Outpatient works out of network with insurance. We will provide the following services to our Outpatient families: Benefit Verification, Pre-Authorization, Utilization Review, Billing & Collections.
Visions Alumni Program
Visions centers graduates of active treatment programs benefit from continued participation in The Fourth Dimension. Individual sessions are available on a charge for service basis. Visions Alumni Coordinator makes support calls for crisis intervention or relapse prevention.
Annual Alumni Events:
- Winter Ski/Snowboard Trip
- Alumni Family Weekend
- Alumni vs. Staff Softball Game
- Knott’s Scary Farm Night
- Magic Mountain
Adolescent Day School
Teens unable to adapt in a traditional school are provided a safe learning environment while receiving teen addiction treatment. The school has Open Enrollment with Transferable Accredited Curriculum, Remedial to Honors Level and WASC Accredited Curriculum (Western Association of Schools and Colleges).
- Individualized Educational Planning
- Individualized 1-on-1 Instruction
- 3 to 1 Student to Staff Ratio
Tutoring is offered outside regular school hours. Random weekly drug testing keeps the students safe. Many Visions graduate have continued on to esteemed colleges and universities.
Family members are encouraged to take part in the teen addiction treatment through Multi-Family Group and Individual Family Sessions offered in all programs.
Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665