As a parent, having a child who needs adolescent addiction treatment can be heartbreaking. It is natural to want to be able to take care of your child and protect them. However, despite a parent’s hard work and good intentions, it is virtually impossible to overcome addiction without professional help. In order to provide your teenager with the support they need to overcome their addiction and to remain clean, it is important to find an adolescent addiction treatment facility that can suit their needs.
Adolescent addiction treatment is very different from adult addiction treatment. Adolescents are still developing mentally, socially, emotionally and psychologically and their treatment plans must reflect this ongoing development. To provide the best chance of success and to adequately support both the family and the addicted child, it is important to find a facility that specializes in treating adolescents.
With treatment facilities throughout southern California, Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers provide world class adolescent addiction treatment. Treatment is provided in a variety of ways to address multiple needs. Adolescent addiction treatment is provided though:
- Inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Extended inpatient treatment
- Alternative education
- Post-adolescent outpatient treatment
In each setting, a comprehensive treatment team provides ongoing care that is customized to the specific needs of each client. The treatment team includes:
- Registered nurses
- Licensed therapists
- Art therapists
- Equine therapists
This is in addition to the one on one care adolescents receive from their therapist and counselor. The team approach provides well rounded treatment and allows adolescents to receive the maximum level of care.
Goals for Treatment
Although each client’s treatment plan is tailored to their specific needs, there are several goals that apply to the treatment of all clients:
- Motivating and encouraging clients to overcome their addiction and sustain their sobriety
- Helping clients identify scenarios where they would have used drugs or alcohol to help cope and to uncover alternative ways of handling those situations
- Assisting the client in developing coping and problem solving skills
- Introduction of the 12 step process as a way to receive ongoing support for addiction recovery
- Providing the tools necessary for the client to see how their behavior has negatively impacted their lives and the lives of the people around them
- Rebuilding the family unit through family counseling, opening the lines of communication and providing the family with the support they need to recognize the symptoms of dysfunction and to alter that behavior
- Helping clients to recognize their own negative behaviors and attitudes and to provide the skills necessary to adjust both issues
Family involvement is a very important component of adolescent addiction treatment. Research has shown that clients who have parental support have the best chance at success. Nearly all families have the same emotions regarding their child’s substance abuse issues:
- Healthy Communication
Support for families is provided in a number of ways:
- Multi-family group – Group sessions held with multiple families in order to share experiences and to provide and receive support from others in a similar situation
- Individual family sessions – Sessions held with the family unit in order to assess the family’s needs and address conflict
- Family education – These sessions provide education on the symptoms of dysfunction and how to recognize them. Using this, families can self-correct and open lines of communication in order to heal and provide a supportive environment
The team at Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers are industry leaders in the field of adolescent addiction treatment. By focusing on the unique needs of each client, and having a thorough understanding of the special needs of adolescents, Visions is able to help clients become and remain sober. To receive additional information on the adolescent addiction treatment programs provided by Visions Adolescent, contact them today. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665.