The selection of a teen addiction treatment program is one of the most important factors in getting your child the support they need to recover. Substance abuse addiction is nearly impossible to overcome without professional assistance, even when a person wants to do better. There are real physical, mental and emotional components of substance abuse, all of which must be addressed in order to recover. Recovery is important, especially in adolscents, as ongoing substance abuse can lead to addictions as an adult.
The ideal teen addiction treatment program will solely focus on the needs of adolescents. Adolescents have a unique set of needs due to their continuing emotional, mental and physical development. A teen addiction treatment program must understand those nuances and be equipped to address them as a part of their treatment plan.
Where is the best place in southern California for teen addiction treatment?
With centers throughout southern California, Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers provide addiction treatment that is tailored to the unique needs of teenagers. Their comprehensive approach provides treatment in a number of ways:
- Outpatient treatment
- Inpatient treatment
- Alternative education
- Extended inpatient treatment
- Post-adolescent outpatient treatment
The care team at Visions understands that providing treatment for teens also means supporting and rebuilding the family relationship. Visions’ team of experts are a great resource for parents and teens alike and can provide support from intervention to aftercare.
What sets Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers apart from other teen addiction treatment facilities?
When Visions was founded in 2002, the goal was to create an adolescent care facility that had a cutting edge approach and a focus on clinical excellence. Since the beginning, Visions has advocated for the family unit, a practice which has helped to set the standard for adolescent care in the industry. Great care was taken while selecting the treatment team to ensure that each member shared the same passion for equipping teens and their families with the tools they need to recover. This dedication to excellence sets Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers apart as a world class adolescent treatment facility.
How Does Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers approach teen addiction treatment?
Visions offers a clinically based approach for teens and their families. Treatment plans are personalized and developed with input from the teen, their families, their teachers, their previous counselors and Visions’ team of professional clinicians. It is important that the teens are involved in the process of creating their treatment plans for two reasons. First, it ensures that the teen is able to work toward their personal goals and objectives for treatment. Second, it helps to get the teen’s buy in to treatment as their input is proven to be valuable to their treatment process.
- Motivating teens and helping to develop the tools necessary to strive for and sustain recovery.
- Finding the root cause of the addictive behavior and addressing those issues.
- Arriving to the understanding that use of drugs or alcohol does not eliminate problems.
- Developing the cooping tools necessary to identify times where drugs or alcohol would have been used in the past and the skills to deal with those issues as they arise.
- Establishing problem solving skills in order to avoid negative behavior.
- Introduction of the twelve step approach and developing an understanding how twelve steps are beneficial after leaving treatment and for the rest of a person’s life.
- Providing clarity of mind in order for the teen to see how their addiction affected their lives and the lives of the people around them.
- A comprehensive treatment plan which provides individual sessions for the adolescent as well as family sessions to rebuild the family unit.
- Developing the ability to identify situations that have the potential to trigger a relapse and the tools necessary to walk away from or change those situations.
- Active involvement in treatment with a focus on redeveloping healthy habits and treatments while sober.
Receive additional information on the teen addiction treatment programs at Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers by contacting them today. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665.