Making the decision to send your child to an adolescent treatment facility is not an easy one to make. However, there comes a time when a parent realizes their child needs professional help for their addiction. Even with a parent’s help it can be virtually impossible to overcome an addiction without professional intervention. In order to best prepare your teen for recovery and lifelong sobriety, it is important to select the best adolescent treatment center.
What are the options for treating an adolescent with an addiction issue?
There are several methods of treating an adolescent addiction issue. Each teen is unique – what works for one child may not work with another. Speak with an adolescent addiction professional to help determine which type of treatment is right for your child.
- Residential Treatment – During a residential, or inpatient, program, adolescents live in the treatment center where they receive care 24/7. A team of counselors, therapists and professionals work with each client to ensure they are receiving the treatment they need to become and remain sober. These structured programs provide a safe living environment for teens while they address their concerns.
- Outpatient Treatment – An outpatient rehab allows clients to remain active in their everyday lives while receiving the intense therapy they need. These programs are structured to allow teens to grow as an individual while they receive assistance in a positive environment
- Extended Residential Treatment – For some adolescents, 90 days of treatment is not sufficient. For others, their home situations are not conducive to their continued growth and sobriety.
What should I look for in a treatment center?
It is important to find a treatment center that specializes in treating adolescents. Due to their ongoing development, adolescents have a unique set of emotional, social, and psychological needs that are completely different than the needs of adults. First, look for a treatment center that is focused on the needs of adolescents. Second, as a parent, it is important that you are an active participant in your child’s addiction treatment. Ask potential centers about their philosophy on parent and family involvement. The ideal treatment center will provide counseling services to the family unit as a whole in addition to treating the specific needs of the individual.
The ideal treatment center will offer the following:
- Treatment care plans that are based on the specific needs of each client rather than a one size fits all approach
- A number of recreational activities to keep adolescents engaged while they are receiving treatment
- An atmosphere that fosters safety and security
- Open lanes of communication between clients and their parents and between parents and the treatment staff
- A staff of clinical professionals from multiple disciplines in order to provide well rounded treatment
What is the best treatment center in the Malibu area?
Located in Malibu, Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers focus on providing individualized addiction treatment in a safe, comfortable, and supportive setting. Their center focuses on addressing the needs of the teen and the family in order to improve relationships and create a healthy environment to return to after leaving the treatment program. Visions Adolescent treats a number of issues including:
- Drug and alcohol addiction
- Prescription drug addiction
- Mental health diagnosis
- Dual diagnosis
- Eating disorder
- Residential treatment
- Long term residential treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Alternative education
- Extended care for young adults
Research has shown that parents commonly have the same emotions about their child’s addiction: fear, hopelessness, anxiety, anger, and helplessness. The care team at Visions Teen changes that through treatment of the teen and their family. These negative emotions can be changed through hard work and dedication to the healthy emotion of hope and promise of the future.
Find out more about the addiction recovery programs offered by Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers by speaking with a counselor. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665.