Parents want the best for their children, to see them succeed, to help them grow into strong, independent adults. When teen addiction is an issue, parents often want to do as much as they can to help their children overcome their addiction so that they can continue to grow and develop. Unfortunately, even when children and parents work together, it is nearly impossible to overcome teen addiction without professional help. To provide your daughter with the support she needs to overcome her addiction, contact a professional teen addiction program.
Teen addiction programs provide the support, care and tools teens need to identify and address the root cause of their addiction. When your teen has an addiction problem, it is important to select a treatment center that understands the unique needs posed by adolescents. A center may have high success rates treating adults, but may be ill-equipped to handle the needs of teenagers. Teens are continuing to develop physically, emotionally and mentally. Their problem solving skills and coping mechanisms are still forming and therefore, they require a specialized approach. To best help your daughter, look for an adolescent treatment facility that addresses the needs of the teen as well as the needs of the family.
To find the best center to treat your daughter’s addiction, look for the following:
- Multiple Treatment Programs – An adolescent treatment facility that offers both inpatient and outpatient programs is ideal. Each teenager has a unique set of circumstances. For some, a residential program is best suited to address their addiction. For others, an outpatient program provides the level of support needed or can be used to transition into or out of an inpatient program. A treatment center with multiple treatment programs is best equipped to customize an approach to best fit each client’s needs.
- Parent Involvement – Parents play an integral part in teen addiction treatment and recovery. Teens with involved parents have significantly higher success rates than those who do not have family support. Many highly rated teen addiction treatment facilities will only treat those teens who have an involved parent. When selecting an addiction treatment center make sure to ask how parents are involved in the treatment process. The optimal center will encourage your participation in treatment and should make you feel comfortable contacting the program and having contact with your child. Be wary of treatment facilities that limit or discourage parental interaction.
- Family Therapy – Teen addiction has negative effects on the entire family unit. Recovery from addiction also means recognizing how the addictive behavior impacted the family unit as a whole. Group therapy helps families identify areas of dysfunction in their communication. This way, they can recognize poor communication and make adjustments in order to avoid the dysfunction. Additionally, family therapy helps to create a positive environment for teens to return to after completing treatment.
With treatment facilities throughout southern California, Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers specialize in providing individualized treatment to teens. They offer programs in a number of setting to address multiple needs:
- Residential Program – Also known as an inpatient program, residential treatment combines a healthy living environment with addiction treatment. With sleeping arrangements separated by gender, adolescents spend 24/7 in their treatment facility. Fully staffed by a team of counselors, therapists and addiction treatment professionals, residential treatment provides an intense experience where adolescents can focus on addressing their addiction. The program works with the teen’s school to continue their education while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Program – The outpatient program provides support while the teen continues to live at home and attend school. This program uses the same approach as the residential program while providing the opportunity for teens to be involved in their everyday lives.
- Day School – It is not uncommon for a teen with an addiction problem to have issues with school. Visions’ day school provides an alternative education option that allows teens to receive personalized attention for their studies while recovering from their addiction.
For additional information on the teen addiction treatment programs available at Visions Adolescent, speak with a counselor today. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665.