Teen prescription drug abuse is a growing epidemic in America. According to the Foundation for A Drug-Free World, every day 2,500 adolescents between 12 and 17 abuse a prescribed pain medication for the first time. Many teens do not believe that taking prescription medication is dangerous which creates a false sense of security. This trend has resulted in prescription drug abuse being the number one cause of drug overdoses in the United States.
Raising a teenager is difficult at best. Parenting a child with a teen prescription drug abuse issue is harrowing. The truth is, overcoming an addiction to pain medication is nearly impossible without professional assistance. In order to provide your teen with the help they need, it is important to find a treatment center that specializes in treating teen prescription drug abuse.
Located in southern California, Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers is the industry leader in providing adolescent addiction treatment. Driven by their founder’s mission of advocating for the family and creating a clinical culture of excellence, Visions provides each teen with the personalized attention and support they need to become and remain sober. In addition to treating the adolescent, Visions Teen aims to treat and heal the family unit as a whole because they understand the importance of the family relationship. Visions Teen successfully addresses the needs of teens and their families through:
- Individualized treatment care plans that address each teen’s unique needs
- Pscychiatric assessments and evaluation to identify and address any underlying mental health concerns or issues
- Evidence based treatment using a Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, commonly referred to as DBT, approach
- Developing the teen’s emotional growth to enable them to recognize and control their emotions in a healthy manner
- Implementing healthy habits including eating well balanced meals and getting regular exercise
- Supporting the family unit as a whole including family therapy – This allows the family to repair their bonds as well as set the stage for the teen returning to a healthy living environment after treatment
- Collaborating with the teen to develop a thorough aftercare plan that enables teens to continue to receive support after leaving inpatient treatment
In the residential program at Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers, teens receive structured treatment in a safe, comfortable environment. The intensive program is designed specifically to address the needs of:
- Individuals between the ages of 13 and 18
- Teens that have the support of their families
- Adolescents who are committed to a staying in inpatient rehab for a period of 45 to 90 days
The specific length of stay in treatment depends on the unique needs of the individual. Teens have comfortable surroundings that assist in the treatment process:
- Males and females have separate housing units
- Clients sleep two to a room
- The center is well staffed 24 hours a day
- A crisis team is available at all times in case the need arises
This is all done on a 25 acre estate that provides the ideal natural backdrop to allow the teens to step away from the stress of their lives and to focus on becoming sober. Located in the hills of Malibu, the site offers a private place for teens to work through their issues and to gain the coping skills necessary to handle their emotions and stress. The remote location also serves to discourage runaways.
The treatment team at Visions Teen includes professionals from a number of specialties:
- Registered Dietitians
- Medical Doctors
- Equine Therapists
- Art Therapists
This is in addition to the one on one counseling and therapy each teen receives during their treatment. Each client is matched with a therapist and counselor when they begin treatment. These two individuals work closely with the teen during treatment to allow for continuity and relationship building. Each client receives regular interaction from other professionals in order to receive well rounded treatment that best sets the foundation for long lasting recovery.
For additional information on how Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers can treat teen prescription drug abuse, contact them today. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665.