Adolescent Mental Health Treatment Services in California
Adolescent mental health treatment can be the solution your family needs to address your teen’s issues. Teenagers with mental health concerns need a unique approach that takes into consideration their continuing social, mental and emotional development and that helps to support the family unit. Selecting the right adolescent mental health treatment center in California can seem daunting. You want to balance a location that allows your child to feel comfortable while delivering the level of care they need to manage their illness in a location that is convenient. Keep the following in mind when evaluating centers.
- Individualized Treatment – No two people face the same circumstances when it comes to mental health treatment. Therefore, it is important to find a program that aims to identify each client’s unique needs before finalizing a treatment plan. A standardized approach is often ineffective and does not allow adolescents to feel as though they are involved in their own care.
- Adolescent Focus – Adolescents need a treatment program that takes into account their unique needs. Adult treatment programs may not be equipped to handle the unique needs of adolescents.
- Family Involvement – Adolescents have the best chance of success during treatment when they have families that are involved in the process. In addition to providing support for the teen it is important the family receive therapy to help rebuild relationships that were damaged by the effects of the mental illness. It is also important the families receive counseling to be able to identify and address poor communication and dysfunction.
Visions Adolescent Treatment Center specialize in addressing the unique needs of adolescents. The Visions team focus on excellence and providing each teen with the specific support, medication and treatment they need. Visions provides five treatment options:
- Residential Treatment – Specifically designed for adolescents between 13 and 18, this inpatient treatment facility combines a supportive environment with intensive treatment. Each resident is partnered with a psychiatrist and therapist that will work with them throughout treatment and coordinate care with the rest of the treatment team. Stays in the residential adolescent mental health treatment program range from 45 to 90 days.
- Outpatient Treatment – Two locations in the Los Angeles area offer structured outpatient mental health treatment. Treatment for both the adolescent and their family is specifically tailored to each person’s needs. In addition to providing mental health treatment, the outpatient program is designed to allow clients to build a support system in their community. This program is structured for those between the ages of 13 and 18.
- Day School – One staff member for every three students allows Day School participants to receive the individual attention they need in order to be successful. This setting is ideal for those who are unable to find success in a traditional school environment. Along with addressing their educational need, the Day School staff includes licensed clinicians who can provide additional support throughout the day. Day school caters to students between the ages of 13 and 18.
- NeXt – For some, a long term residential setting is best suited for their adolescent mental health treatment. NeXt is a long term facility with a minimum stay of 90 days and specifically addresses the needs of teens that require alternative living arrangements. The program combines ongoing education with clinical treatment and support. The NeXt program is offered to teens between the ages of 15 and 18.
- LAUNCH – Designed to help adolescents transition into adulthood, the LAUNCH program is for individuals between 18 and 24. This outpatient program is offered three times a week to support sober living and becoming independent.
For additional information on the adolescent mental health treatment programs available at Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers, schedule an appointment for a consultation. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665.