Where Can I Send My Child For Teen Addiction Treatment
Parenting a teenager with a substance abuse issue is one of the toughest things a family can face. To allow your family to heal and support your teen, find a teen addiction treatment center that can successfully address the unique development issues adolescents have while providing the tools necessary to recover from their addiction.
Located in a serene setting in Malibu, California, Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers provide structured programs for teen addiction treatment. The goal of treatment is to help the teens come to terms with their addictive behavior, address those issues and to build the foundation for a clean, healthy life after leaving treatment.
The residential treatment programs at Visions are specifically tailored for teenagers between the ages of 13 and 18 years old. In order to be admitted to the residential programs, clients must:
- Pass their medical assessment
- Be open and available for a treatment period between 45 and 90 days long
- Have a parent or guardian who is dedicated to being an active participant in the treatment process
Environment and Setting
Visions’ teen addiction treatment programs take place in a comfortable environment that was specially designed to allow teen participants to feel comfortable and at home. These setting serves two functions, to allow the teens to feel secure and safe, both of which are important parts of the recovery process.
To ensure a safe environment for all participants, there are separate sleeping quarters for males and females. Residents sleep two to a room and are well supervised around the clock. A crisis team is on staff and is available 24 hours a day to address situations if they arise.
The buildings that house the residential program sit on 25 acres of beautiful natural landscape. This location provides privacy and security as it is hidden from the road. Additionally, the remote location discourages runaways.
Teen Addition Treatment Program
Although each client’s specific treatment plan is unique to them as an individual, there are several overall goals for the treatment process:
- Encouraging, motivating and providing teens with the tools needed to become and remain sober
- Creation of problem solving and conflict resolution strategies
- Education that substance abuse does not solve life’s problems and creation of coping methods to handle stress and tough situations
- Introduction of 12 step programs and explaining the benefit of joining and maintaining an ongoing relationships with groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous
- Partnering with the teen to enable them to see the negative effects their substance abuse has had on their lives and the lives of the people around them
- Involvement of the addicted teen’s parents and family members in order to heal the family unit and to help set a positive environment for life after treatment.
- Establishing how to recognize behaviors and situations that can lead to relapse and returning to substance abuse and how to address those issues.
Services During Treatment
- School – All residential clinics receive education during weekdays. These three hour sessions are designed to allow residents to keep up with their studies while in treatment. This is done through partnering with the teen’s school’s curriculum and creating a unique educational plan for each student.
- Nutrition – Nutrition is an important part of the recovery process. All meals served during the program are developed by nutritionists to ensure balance. The meals are healthy, appetizing and served family style to residents at scheduled times. Snacks are provided and are also designed with nutrition and balanced living in mind.
- Physical Fitness – A conditioning regimen is tailored to the unique needs and interests of each teen. It is important that each client understands the importance of physical fitness and is equipped with the tools necessary to continue conditioning after leaving the treatment program.
To receive additional information on the teen addiction treatment programs provided by Visions Adolescent Treatment Centers, contact them today. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 866-889-3665.