Find Extended Care For Teens in Santa Monica, CA
Find Extended Care for Teens in Santa Monica, CA
NeXT is the first licensed Extended Care Facility in California. The adult living and education center, a one of a kind facility, provides a safe, supportive living program where residents can learn to implement acquired skills leading to a healthy lifestyle.
The extended care for teens facility is located in beautiful Santa Monica, home to beautiful sunsets and life-time surfing experiences, making it a perfect therapeutic environment for teens. If care centers are to succeed in changing the lives of residents, the centers must be a home away from home. The teens must not feel like they are being secluded from the rest of society. They must continue to enjoy the freedoms that come with being a teen. That is exactly what NeXT offers.
Some of the standout features of the facility include;
- Gender specific homes – the psychological, physical, and sexual changes usually experienced in the adolescent stages makes it important to have girls separated from boys.
- 15 to 18 years old admittance – this is the period associated with most developments in teen life. By offering extended care for this group of teenagers, the facility can eventually manage to impact on lives of a larger number of teens.
- Minimum length of stay is pegged at 90 days – a long enough period to not only take in the knowledge but also practice implementation of acquired skills.
- Required involvement from at least a family member or a legal guardian – helping our teens starts at the family level; the involvement of someone close to the resident can only strengthen the bond between the teen and his or her family.
The center works in collaboration with local educational institutions as well as local therapists and therapeutic service providers. Your son or daughter will benefit from;
- Day staff supervision and an awake night staff
- 24/7 crisis intervention
NeXT provides both mental health care and training aimed at reversing substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Teens are therefore trained on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, devoid of drugs and destructive behavior. They are taught how to recognize and change mental health issues and problematic behaviors.
Please call one of our specialists at Vision Adolescent Treatment Centers on 866-889-3665 or click here for more information.